Mar 23, 2022
- I can hardly believe it, but
this is the 50th episode of
Kelsey (my podcast editor), Maile (who writes many of
the blog posts and show notes), and I have been creating episodes
for a full year, and I’ve loved getting to hang out with each and
every one of you on a weekly basis. That said, while we’re
now a year into
Pursuit, I dreamed
of starting a podcast for a few years before it came to fruition.
With my workload as a wedding photographer and as an
SEO coach, I had no idea how I was going to be able to
maintain a podcast well.
But, between the help of
contractors, setting up workflows, and choosing the right tools,
having a podcast is now something I’m able to pretty easily fit
into my schedule.
And, in case you’re dreaming of
starting a podcast, in this episode of
celebrating 50 episodes by discussing how and why to start a
podcast as a creative entrepreneur.
How to Start a Podcast as a Creative
- Decide why you want to start a podcast & your
podcast’s unique brand position.
- Decide on a format for your
- Determine how you want to monetize your
- Hire a podcast editor & a writer to
transcribe episodes for you.
- Choose your software & tools. (The tools
mentioned in this episode are listed below.)
- Iris Works
- A website with a blog
- Design a distribution strategy.
- Create needed graphics.
- Create a podcast workflow.
- Create a content calendar.
- Start recording & releasing
You can find a more detailed
version of this episode’s show notes at:
Mentioned Links &